Monday, April 27, 2009

... and I'm back at 'er!! Day 1: Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X

It is soooo nice to be back!!! I've really missed the workouts (well, most of them!) but the break (rest) worked really well for me because I feel 110% better and FINALLY feel more like myself and really ready to BRING IT! :)
I've decided to start right from the beginning, especially now that I have the pull up bar and heavier weights. I'm also going to switch my rest day from Saturday to Sunday.
So today being my first day, I did the chest & back workout ... which is one of my favorites. I love it because it goes so quickly! We do 12 exercises ...once through and then again, but the second time the order is switched. It's pretty much a variety of push ups and pull ups, with a few exercises using dumbbells. (Does dumbbells have 2 b's or just 1???) Random thought .....

I went for a 5K run before the workout and did the ab ripper x before doing chest and back so because of that, I skipped the warm up. I was really tired with about 15 minutes left but I managed to push through and did okay.
It's just so good to be back!!!!
Oh ... and here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: oatmeal w/skim milk & glass of skim milk
Snack: banana and whole wheat english muffin w/peanut butter
Lunch: greek salad and 1 chicken skewer, couple bites of rice krispie chocolate bark
Dinner: salmon, steamed broccoli and carrots, handful of swedish berries
Post-workout: chocolate milk

1 comment: