Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fit Test

The p90x kit came with a fitness guide and recommends completing a "fit test" before starting the program. The goal was to do each exercise to the point of failure. I did the fit test this morning at the gym. The specifics are below, with the required minimum (in brackets) and my results. I did really well on everything except for the pull-ups. The minimum to complete (for women) is one. I couldn't even do that!!! I knew I wouldn't be able to do many, but I thought I could do one!!! :( I was so frustrated and tried to convince myself that I could get one in so I kept going back to try it again .... and nope, can't do it. Not even half of one. aargghh!!! Obviously my back is really weak. Ok, so here are my results:

Pull-ups (1): 0
Vertical leap (3"): 6"
Push-ups (3): 20 - these are the regular ones, not the girly ones! hoooah!!
Toe-touch (no less than -6"): +1"
Wall squat (1 min.): 2 min.
Bicep curls (10 reps with 8 lbs): 26 reps with 10 lbs
In & outs (25): 30 - these were harder than I thought!!

No comments:

Post a Comment