Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 1 - Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X

Didn't get off to a great start with P90X because I left my resistance bands at the gym and I don't have a pull-up bar so all I could do in this workout were the push-ups and a few of the exercises that used dumbells. I found the workout went pretty fast and I even rested while they were doing the pull-ups and chin ups so I can only imagine how quickly it will go when I actually do the whole thing! I will definitely have my resistance bands home for the next workout. I used 8 lb dumbells and didn't find they were difficult at all so I think I will try all the exercises next time with the resistance bands.
The ab ripper was tough - I couldn't complete most of the sets. My hip/groin area would tighten up and I'd have to pause and stretch it out quite often.
I'm sure my abs will be sore tomorrow though because I find push ups actually work my abs the best and I did A LOT of push ups today!
I've decided to post what I eat each day, mostly so I can visually see how I do each day. I'm thinking it may also keep me more accountable! This being my first day ... um, not as good as I thought I would be. I was hanging out with a bunch of girlfriends and there were lots of yummy snacks around. I didn't pig out by any means but definitely had my fair share. :)

Breakfast: oatmeal, skim milk, cranberry juice
Post-workout: chocolate milk
Snack: banana
Lunch: chicken caesar salad (dressing was a homemade vinegarette - and healthy!)
Snack: chocolate covered almonds, chips
Dinner: veggie nachos (Snooty Fox)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Jen!!! Your fitness test is great. :0) Steph

    ReplyDelete