Monday, March 23, 2009

P90X Arrived!

I got suckered into buying the P90X 'cause it looked like it was an intense workout and I'm always up for a fitness challenge! I received the box in the mail today and am very anxious to get started! I don't plan to start until Sunday. The program comes with a nutritional guide that I plan to follow for the most part, but the first phase (out of 3) is high protein and low carb which I'm not a huge fan of .... so we'll see how it goes, but I may jump into the second phase which allows more carbs if I find I don't have quite enough energy for the workouts and/or my body isn't getting enough fibre. Besides, it mentioned that the first phase of the nutritional phase is to shed fat and is good for weight loss, but that is not my goal - I don't want to lose weight. My goal is to get stronger and leaner (and ultimately, healthier!)! So .... I have a few more days until I get started ... looking forward to the challenge!!

3 comments:

  1. a nice six pack awaits all the hard work Jen Jen...go get it girl....

    Your buddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get too strong and lean, or I may be forced to join the program as well! Glad that you're looking forward to the challenge! - Captain Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may get me hooked on this program too. You will do great! Steph

    ReplyDelete