
I woke up this morning feeling a little more sore but not too sore to tackle the upper body workout. I can't believe how quickly the one-hour workouts go by! I used my resistance bands for a few of the exercises but mostly used my 8-lb dumbells. I think I'll have to get 10-lb dumbells because some of the exercises weren't difficult using the lighter weight. I'm hoping my triceps will be sore tomorrow because it seems I can never work them hard enough to get sore ... but I might have today!! I dreaded the Ab Ripper X since my abs were quite sore, but I managed to get through it and did most of the moves ... we do a total of 25 reps for each exercise making it a total of about 350!! oh ya. I still find the ins & outs and bicycles difficult because of the stitches I get in my hip/thigh. The ab workout is about 16 minutes but goes by quite quickly too...but it's tough!
I went for a run this evening and did better than I thought I would. I had been training for a half marathon but kinda fell off the band wagon in March and haven't been as faithful as I should have been. Tonight's run was the first of the season outside and it was soooo nice to run in the cool fresh air!! Loved it!
As far as eating today - I didn't eat enough. I was hungry a few times during the day and will have to start eating more. I get busy at work and put it off and then get a little lazy when I get home from work and want the quickest healthiest option with the less work. hehe I've discovered that eating healthier takes more organization (for lunches) and time ... but overall I think I'm doing alright. Here's today's lowdown:
Breakfast: oatmeal, skim milk, cranberry juice
Post-workout: chocolate milk
Snack: banana, almonds
Lunch: chicken caesar salad (healthy version), chocolate milk
Snack: grapes
Dinner: tuna salad on ww english muffin
Post-run: chocolate milk
As you can see, I drink chocolate milk after I workout. I started doing that a few months ago and now I HAVE to have it - I crave it!! And I love that it tastes so good and is a great post-workout drink. :)
I didn't realize chocolate milk was a good after-workout drink. Is this a proven thing, or just your preference?
ReplyDeleteIt's proven! :) It is loaded with carbs and protein which helps the body repair and recharge after a vigorous workout.
ReplyDelete