Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 2 - Plyometrics


Gotta say - this Tony Horton guy who leads the p90x series is CRAZY!!! He reminds me of Ace Ventura in an even weirder kind of way. I'm not sure yet if I like him or not!!

Anyway ... about the plyometric workout: it honestly wasn't as tough as I thought it would be! I definitely worked up a sweat and enjoyed the workout. Tony warned at the beginning that you should eat well before an hour of the workout -- and I ate about 10 minutes before! oops! I had scrambled egg whites w/cheese, skim milk and kiwi. It was very filling!! BUT I didn't get any cramps or stitches during the workout and felt just fine. Plyometrics involves a lot of jumping and athletic type drills. I liked that the moves were all about 30 seconds each and there was lots of variety.

I'm a little sore from yesterday's workout, but a good sore. My abs are tight and my shoulders are a bit sore ... and my arms rarely ever get sore so I'm lovin' it!! And to think that I didn't even do the full workout yesterday! Now I just gotta remember to take my resistance bands home!
Now for my "fuel":
Breakfast: egg white & cheese scramble, skim milk, kiwi
Post-workout: chocolate milk
Snack: almonds
Lunch: banana, lean cuisine meat lasagna, chocolate milk
Dinner: salmon, broccoli, carrots

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! How long are the workouts? :0)
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. The workouts are about an hour long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of writing what you eat each day. I'm not following the nutrition plan because I don't think I can eat that many proteins in a day. But I am trying to eat healthy, so maybe I'll start writing down what I eat too. If other people see what I'm eating, I think that might make me eat better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I find that it helps that people will see what I'm eating. I'm not being anal about what I eat but I am trying to eat as healthy as I can!

    ReplyDelete